Pages


Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Unmasked at Banyule Arts Space

Unmasked, 2011 Pencil and chinagraph, 76 x 56 cm
Photograph by Tim Gresham

Unmasked, 2011 (above) has been selected as one of 30 finalists in Duality - The 2011 Banyule Award for Works on Paper.  The exhibition’s theme is one I have frequently explored in my own work. The drawing was developed during August/September in my studio at Ballarat. I also include some stages in its progress (see below). It’s been many years since I've used pencil as a medium, and plan to work with it some more. I was in Berlin when Duality opened on November 11, but look forward to calling in soon.

Duality – The 2011 Banyule Award for Works on Paper runs from 11 November – 14 December at:

Banyule Arts Space
14 Ivanhoe Parade
Ivanhoe VIC 3079
Visiting hours: Wednesday – Saturday 11 am – 5 pm